Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mice, Injuries and Green Trucks

This weekend has been a challenge.  It started Friday night when DeAndre's basketball team lost the District Championship game!  Major Bummer!  On the bright side they are still in 2nd place so they advance to the regional tournament.  Anyway, I was holding my Roman and I stepped down from the bleachers and twisted my knee.  It is currently locked in place, swollen and painful.  I had surgery on this knee many years ago and I knew it was starting to feel weak again...so off to the Orthopedic Doc tomorrow to either have it yanked back into place (not a fan of that idea) or schedule surgery to have it repaired (not a fan of that idea either).

Next, Matt and his mom spotted a mouse in my kitchen.  That is just gross and only happens to dirty people!   Anyone that knows my mommy knows that she could never have a dirty, messy daughter!  My house is most usually close to spotless.  I am that weird freak of nature that can't relax in a mess.  Anyway, that little mouse ran under the stove and we haven't seen him since.  We have humane traps set up in different areas of the house.  I did have a chocolate stash in one of my cabinets.  Mickey mouse ate through the wrapper and ate some of my chocolate heart.  Who knew, mice love chocolate!

And then...there are those moments that happen and you wish that it would happen everyday and it makes your heart so full that you think you might burst...

Matt took Rocco to Target and bought him a green truck.  Rocco held that truck in his little hands and was beaming!  Then he said, "Daddy, Rocco happy."  Are you kidding me?  There is nothing more precious in the world than that.  Matt was a big sappy mess.  He keeps telling me that as we remember this weekend of Mice and Injuries...it's also the weekend of the green truck.  (Smile here and feel grateful for the innocence and purity of babes).

1 comment:

Suzy J said...

love it! I commit to remember all the green truck moments this week! Don't worry about the mouse. Even clean people get mice. (It's like lice, they like the clean hair the best!) GROSS! I hate both mice and lice and you are a better person than me because I would be to stressed to be humane! I love that about you! Let us know how the great mouse hunt goes! (shivering and itching my head at the same time!) :)