Thursday, October 13, 2011

Toast and stories and lightening...

Today was nothing special.  I made cookies for my neighbors and some friends and of course my family.  It made DeAndre yell "Yes" when I told him in the car on the way home from football practice.  :)  My friend KellyAnn and her son came over and Rocco had fun with his new Play-Doh.  Roman ate breakfast and then swiftly walked to his Grandma and stole her toast.  He likes to have food in both hands when he eats so she broke it in two and laughed at him, freely giving up her breakfast.
Matt and I went to the gym.  It felt great to exercise and feel the strength that I still have in my aging body.  I wish that sweaty people would clean off the machines after use!  It's so gross to see the remnants of someone's fluids...gag!
Rocco requested ten books at bedtime so I read him eleven.  I kissed his little cheek and neck and told him that he makes my days beautiful.  He really does...make my days beautiful.  I made an extra effort to feel his little body in my arms and place the feeling of it in my long term memory.  I never want to forget how sweet he felt next to me.
It rained and thundered today with flashes of lightening.  I hate lightening.
I watched Matt pack for his trip to Az tomorrow.  He really is my best friend.  I realized today that there is no one else alive that really listens to me, even when I ramble on and on, like he does.  I love being loved.
I e-mailed a friend across the world and picked his brain about God.  I am learning to find peace in the unknown...but still search for perspective.
Random happenings on an ordinary day...

No comments: