Friday, November 26, 2010

DeAndre's first dance

 DeAndre went to his first High School dance this year.  I insisted on being part of picture taking even though he would have preferred I didn't.  Apparently, I have officially entered the phase of "embarrassing parent."  :(  We had to go shopping for a suit coat...um...who knew those things are over $100!!!  I am hoping that he will be able to wear it again before he outgrows it.  His group of friends all went together and had dinner first at The International Country Club.  Very Fancy!  I think it was fancier than any place I've ever been too!  It was so fun to see him all dressed up and with his date, which was his girlfriend at the time.  They have since broken up (I think I was more upset than he was, in fact I know I was)  but are still friends.  There was even an after party!  After confirming that parents would be in home for the party, I agreed to let him stay out until 1 am.  Olivia wasn't happy.  I heard her mumble that being the oldest child "sucks."  :)
                                                            DeAndre and Jaclyn




The corsage.


                                                                  What a cutie!

1 comment:

Suzy J said...

I can't believe he is that old!?!?!? I don't like it! Not one bit! BUT if I were his age and not his aunt I would TOTALLY want to go to a dance with him! I love it!