Monday, May 16, 2011

Finally...a date!

 Since the arrival of the boys, Matt and I have rarely had any time alone together.  I know what "they" say...prioritize a date night no matter what!  Easier said than done!  We are both extremely protective and dedicated to our babies so needless to say we weren't dating.  Another family from Arizona moved here about a year after we did and they have become good friends of ours.  Our kids have been around them enough to be comfortable without mommy and daddy and so we decided to trade off having date nights.  Matt and I got a turn on a Saturday night!  Thank you KellyAnn!  We decided to go to the town of Alexandria which is across the Potomac River from DC.  It's a really old and hip neighborhood that is really expensive to live in...reminded me of a cross between Mill Avenue in Tempe and Brooklyn, NY.  Here are a few pics from the night. :)
I don't know...it was outside of a restaurant.

Matt's new friend.

I wanted to go in there...

Doing his favorite thing.

A shot of Il Porto, oldest Italian joint in Historic Alexandria.

Gotta have Italian Beer..Matt, not me.

I guess it was good!

Il Porto- 2 floors of yumminess.

Shot from the pier...Potomac River


Cobblestone sidewalks...kinda like Mill Avenue but way bigger and older and cooler. 

Alexandria cupcakes.  Yum!

1 comment:

brunger bunch said...

Awwww...reading about your date made me think...I am not sure when the last time Mike and I had one. Way to long. You have inspired a goal out of me. Thanks!