Thursday, August 25, 2011

Joy

Olivia just started her second semester at Northern Virginia Community College.  She also got a new job as a hostess at Champps Restaurant.  So far, she loves it.  She wants to earn a degree in Sonography and do ultrasounds for pregnancies.  She is still so young so time will tell if she changes her mind but for now, I think it's a great goal!  I am just happy to have her home...and hope she stays for a LONG time!

DeAndre had his second scrimmage today as a Varsity player.  He caught a pass and proceeded to score a touchdown.  He is so talented and we are so excited to watch him progress as a person and athlete.  He has been spending a good amount of time with his girlfriend Katie.  Olivia and I make sure that he is a gentleman.  So far, so good!

Rocco is almost three and talking a mile a minute.  He has the cutest little face and the spunkiest personality.  What a joy he is!  The other day he said, "Como estas Mommy?"  He is super smart and has an amazing memory.  We built a fort in the basement and he summoned me in it to tell me a story by flashlight.  It went like this.  "Once upon a time in a land far, far away there was an eagle.  His name was Choncho and he was a big boy like DeAndre.  The End. "  Best story I ever heard!  Rocco is starting preschool in about 3 weeks.  He is excited and I am not.  I will probably sit in the parking lot crying for the first month.  

Roman has recently starting walking.  He is 11 months and I can't believe that this little angel boy has been mine for a year!  He is so peaceful and sweet.  He literally breaks my heart daily with his sweet smile and big, slobbery open-mouthed kisses.   I melt at the sight of him and want to keep him safe and happy every second of his life.  He LOVES food!  He tries everything and snubs all baby food.  He is ready for the big boy stuff!  His chubby limbs and face are testaments to his munching habits.

Matt and I are exhausted and yearning for peace at the end of most days but we are keenly aware of our blessings and aim to take nothing for granted.  We remain fiercely dedicated to these four beautiful people that fill our days with laughter, love and unending joy.

No comments: